Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back to "normal"

So today is my first day back at work.  I was a little nervous about how today would go.  I was afraid that I would be overwhelmed with people wanting to "catch up" and that I would not be gracious.  Then I was afraid no one would notice and I would be disappointed.  Really??  I am not sure why I waste so much precious brain energy worrying about things that DON'T MATTER!  LOL!  It was fine!  It's been a very nice blend.  I have gotten some really nice compliments and everyone has told me they can tell.  It's been nice to catch up with everyone.  I really don't feel like I've missed a beat. 

I am down 38 lbs since surgery and 68 total, so I am very happy!  My clothes feel good, my legs feel great!  I went shopping and was able to wear a 24 pant!  It's been a LONG time since I was in a 24!  Food is still interesting...  I am still stuggling a bit, but I am doing ok.  I am trying to get in all the protein I can, but I have been throwing up a lot more lately.  I am just trying to chew, chew, chew! 

I do feel pretty good.  It's been a lot of fun to see poeple's reactions to me.  I think they are suprised that I am still "Me".  I don't know what they were expecting...  LOL! 

Here's a picture of me at work today...



I am very confident that I will be able to keep up with this better now that I am back at work and I can't avoid the internet anymore.  :-)  So...  talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment