Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Friday, December 3, 2010

Home!!

YAY!  Nick is home and he is doing AWESOME!  He's up and about and being a real champ!  He's not having too much pain at this point and I am so GLAD! 

I am doing ok.  I am still having some severe pain in one of my incisions, but I am feeling a bit better everyday.  I am hoping that will work itself out in the next week or two.  I am down a total of 50 pounds already, and about 15 from the day of surgery.  Not too shabby!  I had my first pureed chicken today and it was wonderful!  It tasted so yummy!  My wonderful MIL and FIL got us a Magic Bullet and it is awesome!  You can just throw stuff in there and it purees the food in about a minute!  Super nice!!  My DFIL brought over another recliner chair for me to use since I haven't been able to sleep in my bed yet.  Very nice!!  I am so spoiled!! 

Things are going well so far!  Nick and I are both very optimistic about the future!  This is going to be fun!!

1 comment: