Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Catching up...

Ok, so I am officially disappointed in myself for not keeping up with this better!  I know I will do better when I am back at work and I am on the computer more regularly.  It sometimes pains me to get on the computer when I don't have to...

Anywho...  Let me see...  Where to start.  It's almost CHRISTMAS!!  How exciting.  It's so different how Christmas as an adult is SO different than Christmas as a kid.  It loses part of the magic somehow and it seems you have to fight a lot harder to keep the spirit alive.  I love this time of year, though.  People seem to be more open to expressing their love for those important to them.  There is a fun current that seems to run through the air.  This is a great time to reflect on the blessings you've received in the last year and it's a time to be close to family and loved ones.

Things are going well for Nick and I.  I am at a point where the day to day routines of life after surgery are getting easier and easier.  I am doing much better with my food, protein, water and supplements.  I am feeling stronger and much more normal.  I am noticing small changes in my body.  My legs are looking great!  LOL!  And my chest and face are changing.  My old clothes are very baggy.  I get on the scale and always expect to see a weight close to what it used to be and it's not!  It's lower every time I step on the scale.  I am down a total of 60 pounds and it really does feel different.  I am 29 days out of surgery today and I've lost 29 lbs since the day of surgery!  LOL!  Literally a pound a day.  I know it will slow down, but it's pretty fun for now! 

Nick is doing well and I am so grateful that he is!  He did get a pretty severe case of gout in his foot, but he's on medication now and getting over that.  Other than that, things have gone very smoothly for him.  He's in good spirits and he's recovering well.  He is such a trooper.  I just adore him.

I also got some great news yesterday.  I got approval to be off work until Dec 29.  I was going to have to take next week off anyway because of my Mom's surgery on the 22nd, but if I didn't get approval thru short term disability, I was going to have to take the week unpaid.  Not much fun this close to Christmas.  I was so excited to hear that I'd been approved!  Now I will have a little extra money to finish up my Christmas shopping!  YAY!

I also have to mention my 2 younger brothers.  Jacob Allen is graduating with his associate degree on Saturday and Christopher Michael took his GED this week.  I am so proud of both of them!  I know this will really open up a lot of opportunities for both of them. 

I will finish today by saying that the love and support we've received over the last couple of months has been simply overwhelming and unbelievable.  We've had people from all areas of our lives reaching out with kind words, love, hugs and concern.  I can't tell you what that has done for our spirits and I know that the prayers and love have helped to make this whole process as wonderful as it's been.  I am so grateful for the amazing people in my life.  Thank you is not enough, and there are no words to express my gratitude.

Love and hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment