Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Great support group!

Last night I got to visit with lots of great friends!  I went to visit a friend that had WLS a couple of weeks after me.  It was great to see her and catch up!  She's doing an awesome job and losing like nobody's business!  We have agreed that we are going to be even more super hot very soon!  LOL!

I also got to visit with Matt and Trina.  If I haven't mentioned it before, Trina is a wonderful cook and she made dinner last night.  Delicious!  Are dinners with them are quite a bit different than they used to be, but Trina is still a wonderful cook.  I always enjoy our time with them.  Matt and Trina help Nick and I stay balanaced. 

Nick balled some cantelope the other day and I enjoyed a bowl for breakfast this morning. Mmmmm!  I am going to lunch with a friend from work and I am going to try some potato and cheese soup from O'Charlies.  It was one of my faves pre surgery, so I'm hoping it goes ok.  

We are going to see Wicked tonight and I am so excited!!  I am really looking forward to the show.  I've heard awesome things about it!  My aunt bought me the tickets for my birthday!  YAY! 

Other than that, I am just blown away by the fact that tomorrow is that last day of the year.  I'll do a year end wrap up post in the next couple of days, but suffice it to say that this year has been wonderful!  Now I'm just looking forward to what 2011 holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment