Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Exciting!

I recently got in touch with an old friend and we are meeting for dinner tonight.  I haven't seen her in years and I am really looking forward to catchin up with her.  I am excited to see if she will notice the changes in me.  The last time I saw her, I was really putting on weight and I was still in my "tom boy" stage.  I am a lot "girly-er" now and I feel like I carry myslef a bit differently.  She was always a "girly-girl", but she was so nice to me.  It'll be so fun to see what she's been up to for the last several years.

I had my 9 month check up with Julie yesterday.  I talked to her about the "spells" I've been getting.  It happened again over the weekend and it's making me a bit nervous.  It seems like it happens when I stand in one place for a long time.  I get really light headed and almost pass out.  It's happened 3 times now and I'm not sure what's wrong.  I did labs last week and I'm anemic.  I'm not suprised, I've always had iron issued.  I am not sure if I am not absorbing any iron or if there is something more wrong.  I had to do some more labs yesterday, so hopefully I will learn something soon.  I may have to go to a hemotologist to figure out what's happening. 

I am happy to report that I've officially lost 72% of my excess body weight.  Yay!  I'm already considered a successful surgery patient!  I'm not done...  I'm not at my goal.  I still have about 30 lbs to lose before I am at the high end of my goal for myself.  But according to the doctor, I am a successful surgery patient.  Their goal for us is 70-75% excess weight loss.  That was pretty exciting to learn.  I did learn that I am going to have to stop supplementing protein and I have to get it through real food versus powder.  I am a little nervous about that, but I will work on a new menu this week to try to get all the protein in.

No comments:

Post a Comment