Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Catching up

Let me start by saying that it is a beautiful day! I have windows all around my cube at work and all I want to do today is lay in my bed with a good book with all of my windows open.  I could use a nap, too.  No such luck, sadly.  Today is my busy day.  I have work all day then 4 hours of class tonight. 
We had a really nice weekend.  Friday I had lunch with my Aunt Jill.  I always love catching up with her.  She's so much fun to talk to!  Friday evening I had some bonding time with Chris' girlfriend Ashley.  Then Nick and I went to a movie and dinner.  We saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  It was really good.  Saturday morning we went to Matthew's first football game.  Matt is coaching him this year and it was fun to watch them.  Saturday afternoon, John, Kathy, Nick and I went to the State Fair.  It was wonderful until right at the end.  We were just about to head out about 8:45 pm and a huge storm brewed up out of no where.  There were very strong wind gusts.  We raced to the car as fast as we could go and as we were heading out, a bunch of emergency personnel were running in.  We thought something may have happened at the midway due to the wind.  We found out later the main stage had collaped.  It was awful.  5 deaths and several injuries.  My prayers go out to the families of those effected. 
Sunday I did homework literally all day long.  Tonight I start a communications class and it's no joke so far.  I am a little nervous about this class, so I am anxious to see how tonight goes.  It's a lot of reading and writing.  Quite a bit different from my personal finance class.
On a fun note, I lost 3.4 lbs last week!! I am 3.8 lbs from onederland!!  I went to Old Navy and I am very close to a 14 pant and I am in an XL top.  I bought a 16 jean, but they are already a bit loose, so I may exchange them for a 14.  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment