Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good grief!

Holy cow!  I didn't realize how long it'd been since I'd posted.  So...  lots of changes...  First and biggest, work.  After LOTS of soul-searching, I decided I should pass on the opportunity at work after all.  I had some tough conversations with my managers and asked to be returned to my old job in the interest of balance.  I would like to go down that career path in the future, but the timing was just not great.  I need to be able to focus on my energy on school, my home and myself right now.  I have been through a lot of changes personally in the last year and taking on school is another big change.  I just don't think such a big change at work is wise.  They did allow me to go back to my old job after making a few small concessions, so I am thrilled.  I feel so much relieff already.
My first day of school was last Tuesday and it went well.  I really like my professor and the class I am in now is a lot of fun.  It's a philosophy class and an introduction to adult learning.  I will go thru my whole associates program with the same core group.  There are 10 of us and it's a cool, diverse and interesting group.  I am looking forward to getting to know them and working with them through this journey.  I had about 5 hours of homework this week, but it was kind of interesting.  This class teaches us how to seek balance (good timing!) in our hectic lives with school, work, and family.  Wesleyan's approach to learning is really cool.  I have class again tonight and I am looking forward to it.
Personally, I had a great couple of weight loss weeks.  I am at 219 at last weigh in.  I am officially in the 210's!!  :-)  I am at my high school weight now and I feel great.  I am in 18 pants and 18/20 tops.  I am losing about a size a month right now and shopping has been fun!  Expensive, but fun! 
We had a wonderful time at King's Island and I can't wait to go back!  We were able to ride everything and it was a perfect day to go.  There was no one there! 
I need to run, but I will catch up more soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for balance! I think going back to your old job is such a good choice for you. I am so proud of you for knowing what is best for you. I posted this on Facebook, but it bears repeating,
    "Besides the noble art of getting things done,
    There is the noble art of leaving things undone.
    The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."
    -Lin Yutang, 1895-1976, Author who translated many classic Chinese works into English (Source: HRA Work/Life E-news)

    Yay for 210s!! Yay for size 18s! You are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete