Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, December 12, 2011

Fun weekend! And Happy Birthday John!

I had a super fun and a super productive weekend! 


Friday night, Nick and I went to dinner with my Aunt and Uncle and our very good friends, Tricia and Jeremy.  We started with dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory.  Yum!  Then they surprised me with tickets to Yuletide Celebration.  It's a very fun Christmas concert with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and dancing Santas.  It's a beautiful musical celebration and it always gets my so pumped for Christmas!
Here I am at dinner with my birthday bow: 
Here are Nick and I getting ready for the show.  We had great seats on the 1st row of the mezzanine. 
Here are Jeremy and Trish preparing for the show:
And here are Nick and I holding a present by a huge Christmas Tree:


Saturday was a pretty laid back day.  I wrapped Christmas presents and got all of my Christmas cards ready to mail today.  Nick and I went to dinner at our favorite, Texas Roadhouse! 

Yesterday I had breakfast with my Dad and Claire.  We spent a few hours catching up and we had a nice visit.  Then I went home and watched some fun Christmas movies.

This is a busy week for me. 

Today is my DFIL's birthday.  We are going over to their house tonight for pizza and pressies. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHNNIE!!  I am so grateful to have such an amazing Father-In-Law.  John is an awesome Dad and he is a really great man.  He's a lot of fun and he loves with all he has.  He's sincerely a gift to his family and I am happy to have him in my life.

Tomorrow is class.  I am taking a Health and Wellness class.  It's a lot different than the more "structured" classes I've been taking, but I think I will really like it.

Thursday I go back to the hematologist to see how the iron infusion worked.  Fingers crossed!  Thursday is also my Mom and David's Anniversary!  They are so great together and I am so happy to see them more in love than ever!

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment