Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday in review...

To say that I had an amazing Christmas might be the biggest understatement ever!  It was perfect!  I got to visit with my family and friends!  I got some very thoughtful and special gifts!  I pulled of a suprise for Nick. 

Instead of describing everything step by step, I will share some photos and hightlights.

I already talked about my Hollenbaugh family Christmas and Yuletide, both of which were awesome!  I will start with last weekend. 

The 15th was our 2nd  annual stamp club cookie exchnage.  I have been in this stamp club for a few years and some of the people have changed, but it is still one of my favorite days of every month.  I love the ladies I get to create with and we have a wonderful time together.  This photo is fuzzy, but here were are!  And the cookies were amazing!


The 17th I finally got my hair done!  It was long overdue for a cut and color!  Here's my new "do!


The evening of the  17th, Nick and I went to the Melting Pot with our friends Matt and Trina.  We did a gift exchange and had a wonderful time with them.  Here are some photos from that evening:

The 18th, my Dad and Claire came over and spent the day hanging out with me.  We watched Harry Potter and had a relaxing visit.

On the 20th, I got to catch up with my friend, LouAnna!  She looks awesome and we had such a nice chat.  She is good for my spirit.  I can't beleive we totally spaced getting a picture!

On the 21st, we did our exchange with my aunt Jill's family.  They made Nick and I a really beautiful wall hanging with the words "Loving the Journey" and some meaningful words that Nick and I used to define the journey we are on.  It means more to me than Jill will ever know and it was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.  I will post photos soon!

On the 22nd, I did my annual Mommy/Daughter Christmas.  We go to dinner and do a private Christmas each year, just the two of us.  We went to the Cheesecake Facotry and had a nice time.  Here is my pretty Mommy!


The 23rd, Jake and his family and Nick and I celebrated Christmas with my Dad and Claire.  We had such a nice evening and some really fun times!  Dad and Claire gave us a neat frame and a photo shoot certificate.  I can't wait to do a photo shoot with them!

The 24th was the PERFECT Christmas Eve!  Nick and I slept in, we watched Christmas movies in our jammies for the better part of the day, and then we had the annual Doty family Christmas with Nick's Mom's family.  They are such a cool group of people and we had a great time with them!  Here is a photo of some of the silliness of the evening!  This is a sock monkey wearing sock monkey slippers!


The evening of Christmas Eve, Nick and I went on a drive and looked at lights.  We also did a small exchange for each other.  Earlier in the month (because we are impatient!) we exchanged one other gift.  Nick got me a gorgous pair of earrings and I got him a Colts hoodie.  Then, a few days ago, he gave me a very cool scarf and some fuzzy slippers and I gave him a huge elephant!

On Christmas Eve, I gave him a letter I wrote him telling him how much I love him and how much he means to me and he gave me a REAL pair of Ugg boots that I've been drooling over.  We went a little overboard for each other this year, but we had so much fun!

I will do another post for Christmas as I'm afraid all these pictures won't load!  


1 comment:

  1. You look SOOOOO awesome! We DID space taking a picture! Oops!

    ReplyDelete