Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, December 5, 2011

My ba-ba-ba-ba-ba Birthday!



I come to you one year older!  31...  Good grief!  I'm now IN MY 30s!  Ay, Ay, Ay!  I had a fun weekend! 

Friday night was the Allstate leadership dinner at the Skyline Club.  It's a resteraunt on the 36th floor a building downtown and it was a beautiful view.  The food was good and we had a nice time.

Saturday was my Dad's side Christmas celebration.  We went around to some "Christmas" things around town.  We went to a very cool live nativity.  Nick almost got eaten by a camel!  LOL!  Then we went out to the Christmas version of the covered bridge festival and walked around some.  Nick and I got our picture taken with Santa!  We stopped to look at a neat light display on the way home and finished at my Grandma's house with hot cocoa and doughnuts. 

Yesterday was kind of a strange day.  Nick hurt his back pretty bad at hockey, so we just hung out at home for most of the day.  We went to my mom's last night for a delicious dinner and good times!  My SIL's birthday is the 7th, so we did a combined party.  Fun stuff!

Yay for birthdays!!

1 comment: