Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back home again...

We are home again.  We had a wonderful trip!  The drive was really amazing!  The trees and colors were really spectacular!  We had just thr right blend of rest and adventure.  Apparently we weren't the only ones that decided to go to Gatlinburg this weekend!  It was very crowded, but not too bad any where we went.  We had a great time with our friends and our cabin was great! 
Here is a photo of the cabin and our room:


I am pretty proud of myself!  We did have some great meals, but I made good choices and only snacked a little.  I didn't end up gaining any weight while I was gone.  I was nervous about that.  We did walk a lot one day, but we were in the car exploring most of the time.

I am three weeks out tomorrow and it's starting to feel a little more real.  I have my all day testing on Thursday with labs, an upper GI, and gallbladder ultrasound.  I have to be at the hosptial at 6:30 am!  Yuck!  I am still a ball of random emotions about everything, but I am doing a lot of research to try to prepare myself both mentally, physically and emotionally.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time. The cabin looked wonderful and the scenery! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what all did you do while there? Were any of my suggestions good ones? Glad you had a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete