Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beautiful day!

I know this may sound odd, but I LOVE my drive to work.  Sincerly!  I am fortunate enough to get to take all back roads.  I drive by several fields and and this is my very favorite time of year.  The leaves are spectacular!  There are so many colors and the sky is such a beautiful backdrop!  I feel like every beautiful scene I pass is a gift just for me.  Then I get to work and I have a desks surrounded with windows, so I find myself staring at the sky more often than I will admit.  I have a cute little tree right outside my window that provides hours of entertainment.  There are always birds coming and going.  I try to take a few minutes everyday to see what's happening outside.  Just another part of slowing it all down.
Here's what I see everyday:


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving me your blog address! So happy for you in your new journey, I thought you were talking about WLS tonight but I didn't want to be too nosy! I will say some prayers for you and your nerves! I have a friend at work who just did this a few months back and she is doing really well with it! I say we start to bring only healthy snacks to stamp club- there are a lot of us trying to eat better so I think we should make a stand! :) Healthy can be really tasty too!! I am adding you to my reader so I will always know when you post. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete