Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Things I hope for...

I was working out at the gym this morning and had some time to think...  I find that I really enjoy my morning walk and enjoy the time I have to think.  I can feel my lungs fill with air, feel my blood flow, feel the sweat beads as I push a bit harder.  I embrace the time I can spend alone with my thoughts.
This morning my thoughts were filled with some of my goals and things I "hope" for.  I say hope because these are goals I am setting, but we can fail at goals.  If I hope for these things, I won't ever "fail" them.

Just a few of the things I "hope" for:
1 - I want to be able to run.  Really run.  For a long time.
2 - I want to be able to go to a clothing store and buy single digit sized clothing.
3 - I want to be able to climb the stairs in St Louis (by the Arch) without getting winded
4 - I want to fly on an airplane without spilling over my seat.
5 - I want to be able to see my toes when I look straight down.
6 - I want people who haven't seen me for a while to not recognize me.
7 - I want to avoid EVER being on insulin.
8 - I want my queen sized bed to feel like a king.
9 - I don't want to use the handicapped stall in a restroom because I don't fit in a standard stall very well.
10 - I want to be able to sit in any chair out there without pausing to ask myself if it's sturdy enough.

Now, these are not even a fraction of all the things I hope, but it's a start.  Somethings are more personal, but almost all have to do with transforming myself into a more happy, healthy and complete me.  Not all of this journey has to do with weight loss.  I strive to be like Nick.  Really.  He is an amazing human being, good and wonderful to the core.  I hope to be more like him.  He will tell you that he's not perfect, but in my eyes, he's as close as I could hope to be.

While I am "hoping" for things, I am also embracing the place I am in now.  I've lost 18 pounds in 3 months.  On my own.  With old fashioned diet and excersise.  I've worked hard.  I've researched and changed my habits.  My brother stayed with us the other night and told me in a frusterated voice that we didn't have any snacks.  He said that all we have is health food.  I smiled because he's right.  We have removed everything "illegal" from our house.  I get up at 5 am to be at the gym by 6 am at least 3-4 days a week.  Me!  The perpetual night owl!  I have made choices to be the best me I can be.  And I can say that I am proud of myself.  Even when I stumble, I am getting right back in there.  It feels glorious!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you're a blogger now, too! We'll look back in a few months, years and see quite a story unfold! I cannot imagine getting up at 5am...for ANYTHING, let alone working out! You go sister friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Nick both are inspiring! I'm sure you are nervous, but excited as well about your upcoming event. You have the right mindset so you will do well! This is a lifestyle change, and you are both on the right road! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me... I look forward to this new journey with you.

    ReplyDelete