Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Flying by... And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMY!

First things first...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!  :-)  Today is my Mom's (undisclosed #) anniversary of her 21st birthday!  :-)  We are celebrating with some yummy Chinese tonight.  My Mom is an amazing person and I am so proud of her and I am so blessed to have her in my life. 

Holy cow!  Is it really September 22nd??  Time is FLYING by!! I feel like I am really struggling to keep my head on lately!  I have been super busy and I feel like my weeks go faster all the time!  It blows my mind.  I keep thinking I need to slow things down...  You know, stop and smell the flowers...  That kind of thing.  It's a work in progress.  LOL!

We went for another walk/run last night.  I jogged a bit more than I was able to Monday and I keep reminding myself that I have to push it a little more each time.  I will say that it feels great!  I am really proud of myself and I am really proud of Nick.  He amazes me. 

Tomorrow Nick and I are heading to Illinois for the weekend.  We are going to a Mitsubishi Owner Day.  Mitsubishi sponsers this event every year and Nick is really excited to go this year.  He's made a lot of neat modifications to his car and he's been really enjoying his new hobby.  We will be in Illinois for the weekend and I am looking forward to having a little downtime.  I am hoping to get my homework done today so I don't have to worry about it this weekend.  Our anniversary (8 years!) is the 27th, so we will probably celebrate while we are there. 

I am really hoping our bank issues are resolved by the time we leave.  I got a call on Tuesday afternoon from the fraud department at my bank.  They noticed some strange activity on my bank card and cancelled my card right away.  Apparently someone stole my credit card number and racked up about $450 in fraudulent charges.  I was SUPER impressed with how quickly the back caught it, took action and notified me.  They had to issue me a new card and they are doing an investigation now.  Hopefully all the money (and subsequent NSF fees) will be refunded to my account soon.  It's freaking me out to see a LARGE negative number as my account balance!  The bank has been great to work with so far.  Luckily, it was just my card that was compromised.  The account and Nick's card seem to be ok.  Thank goodness they caught it so fast and moved so quickly!  Way to go Huntington!!  :-)

Now, on a random side note, I have a statement I would like to make to all of my friends and family that follow my blog...  I know this is a generic format and I will try to say this to each of you in person, too....  But I need you to know that I love you.  If I am busy, or disconnected or flightly or seem to have put you on the back burner, it is no reflection of how I feel about you.  I am doing the best I know how to do with my life right now, but I feel like my best isn't good enough and I am letting down people in my life that are important.  I knew school would be hard when coupled with work and some other life changes, but I feel like it's something I need to do right now.  Unfortunately, I have had to make a lot of changes with how my time is used and some of my relationships are suffering.  I don't love it, but I hope you will hang in there with me while I try to adjust.  Please know that I love you and you are no less special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment