Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good workouts!

So we have finally done it!  We are getting back in the groove of working out.  We walked our 5K on Sunday.  Monday night we worked out on the elliptial.  I did 16 full minutes!  I haven't ever been able to do more than 10 at a time without dying!  And I did 16 right of of the gate!  I could have gone even longer.  It wasn't bad at all.  Last night we actually walked to Matt and Trina's and home (about 5K total).  We jogged about 1/4 of the way there total.  It felt great!!  We are going to keep at it!
Nick finally broke his stall at last weigh in.  He's been hanging around 215 for a long time and had a 3 pound drop last week!  He's at 212 now and looking great!  He'll be in onderland in no time.
I had a great talk with Trina last night and I got some great ideas for protein from her.  I've been doing a lot of fruits and veggies lately and have been slacking a bit on protein.  She gave me some good, workable ideas and I am re-energized on all fronts!  175 - here I come!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment