Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reflecting

Nick and I have been asked to speak at the Weight Loss Center's pre-op support group tomorrow night.  I've spent the last few days reflecting on the past 10 months since surgery. 

I've officially lost 150 lbs!  :-)  It has been a really interesting ride.  I am very happy I had surgery and I have no regrets about my decision.  I had a couple of rough spells.  Physically, emotionally, and pshycologically.  But there have been amazing wow moments along the way, too!  Like today, I am wearing a size 15 junior jeans!  And they look great!  My thighs aren't running!  I am in about a 14 pant and a large or XL shirt.  I can walk in to Target and buy anything I want!  I feel great!  It's been so fun to watch Nick.  No more sleep apnea!  He sleeps like a baby!

We are taking some "before" pictures with us!  It was fun to look at those.  It's easy to look in the mirror and think you are just as big as you always were - but when you see those pictures, it's amazing! 

I hope we can help the pre-op patients feel excited and that we get some of those "wow" reactions that I gave the post op people when I saw them.  It should be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! 150# is super impressive!! You should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete