Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Friday, September 16, 2011

We rocked!

Nick and I spoke at the St Francis weight loss center last night.  It was so neat!!  There were about 40 pre-op patients there.  We told our stories and it was so fun to reflect and remember what the past year has been like!  There have been so many "wow" moments for us!!  We are down over 150 lbs each!!  We are down several clothing sizes.  We are more active than ever and we have so much energy!  Nick and I are really enjoying our new lives and we love sharing our stories. 
We had a lot of great questions and a lot of really nice compliments!  It was so neat to remember sitting where they were a year ago and feeling all the things they are feeling.  I remember sitting in our pre-op groups well and it was so flattering to be asked to share our stories.  The dietician wanted me to share some the issues I had to help people know what issues to look for with a stricture and I hope I was able to help them.

This weekend will be great!  Today is my good friend Trina's birthday, so we are going to dinner.  Tomorrow we are going to Muncie for a Ball State Football game.  That should be a lot of fun!  Sunday is homework/Colts/family day.  All good stuff!!  Here's to the freakin weekend! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment