Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend leading up to VACAY!

It was another fun weekend.  This one didn't seem quite as hectic as some in the past... 

Friday we dog-sat for our friends Matt and Trina.  They have 2 beautiful boxers and we had a lot of fun playing with them.  They are such high-maintenance girls!  LOL!! 

Friday night Nick and I went to dinner and a movie.  We went to MCL for dinner and had some yummy stuffed chicked breast.  Then we saw Man on a Ledge. It was pretty good.

Saturday we played basketball and had lunch with Chris.  It was nice to hang out with him.  We ran some errands and then went to dinner and another movie.  We had Stir Crazy and saw The Gray.  It was good but pretty intense.  Here we are at dinner.

Sunday I got up early and started on my homework.  It was a lot of intense homework.  I am in a New Testament Class and I'll just say that I tend to prefer the stories in the Old Testamant.  I got through it, though.  Then I had dinner with my Mom's side. I met Nick for some last minute cruise shopping last night.  We got walkie-talkies and some travel stuff and some sun block.  We also bought a week's worth of tanning, so we are hoping to tan a bit before we leave so we don't fry too bad! 
My POD today is my silly kitty.  She was nice enough to keep me company while I did my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment