Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project 365

Hello and happy 2012!!  It's so hard to believe it's the new year already!! 

I am shamelessly stealing this from my mother-in-law, but I thought it sounded like such a neat idea I wanted to do it too! 

Project 365 is essentually recording your life in photos.  I will take a photo everyday of something interesting or fun or meaningful and I will write a quick little note about it.  I am hopeful that I can keep this up and be consistant with it!  It would be a very cool way to look back at the year and remember fun little moments or thoughts that could otherwise be forgotten.  I am hopeful for 2012.  I have some big goals this year and I am ready to tackle 2012 head on! 

I know I am starting out a couple of days behind...

I will start with New Years Eve - We went ice skating.  Now, this may not seem all that major to you, but it was a big deal for me.  I have had knee and ankle issues for a long time due to my weight and I have been terrified to try skating.  I have been sad, too.  Nick is a great skater and it's something I've wanted to be able to do with him.  Well, on New Year's Eve I bit the bullet and went skating.  I had a great time, didn't fall, and wasn't too sore!!  (sadly, my Aunt Jill did fall while we were deep in conversation and she broke her wrist!)


New Years Day was a laid back day of sleeping in, shopping and homework.  Nick and I went to one of our favorite places for dinner - Texas Roadhouse!  Mmmmm!!  This is a very old picture, but this is Andy Armadillo, Texas Roudhouse's mascot.


Monday was back to work...  No rest for the weary...  I did get to catch up with Chris a bit, so I will post a fun photo of him from Christmas. It is so fun to work with him because I get to see him about everyday!  It's fun to watch him thrive here!

No comments:

Post a Comment