Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, April 11, 2011

I am so proud of myself!

I am feeling very proud of myself today.  I had a good weekend.  I did a lot of reading with the windows open!  Love it!! I've almost finished Breaking Dawn already!  LOL!

I am proud of myself for a few reasons.  I applied for school today.  I've been talking about it forever and I finally did it!  I'll be going to Indiana Wesleyan and I'll be doing the LEAP program.  It's an accelerated adult program.  I will go to class for 4 hours a week and it will be the equivalent of full time school.  I am a little intimidated, but I am excited, too!  My classes will be Tuesday nights from 6-10!  Wowzers!  My graduation for my associates will be Dec 14, 2013!!  That seems so far away!!  It'll be good, though.

I am also proud of myself because Nick and I went for a 3 mile walk on Saturday.  We will go again tonight and again Wednesday night.  The Komen 5K is Saturday.  It felt wonderful.  I was trying to keep a good pace and we did the 3 miles in 1 hour and 5 min.  I thought that was pretty good for our first 3 mile walk.  We were walking about a 20 minute mile.  I would like to finish the walk Saturday in just at (or UNDER) an hour! 

I'm having a "Go Me" day!  YAY me!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! December 2013 will be here before you know it! I can't believe my masters program is over in 25 days! Awesome job on the 3 mile walk! I hope to jog part of the walk on Saturday, you game?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you registered for school. In the fall I should have all three of my children back in school... awesome! Good luck on Saturday, I think you and Nick are doing great and I am so proud of you both! Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete