Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So much fun!!

Oh my!  We just got home from the Komen Race for the cure and it was AWESOME!!  The rain held off, which was nice.  It ended up being a decent morning!

Nick and I got downtown a little before 7 am and I am sure glad we did!  It was already filling up and parking was scarce!  Luckily, we were able to find a spot on campus only a couple of blocks from our meeting place.  There was a ton of stuff!  There were so many peole and a ton of booths and a stage and holy cow, the survivor's parade was awesome!  SO inspirational!!  It blew my mind to see how many people came to support this awesome cause!  Nick and I will definately do it again!!  The walk itself was really nice.  My good friend Louanna and I got brave and we ran the last leg of the race.  I TOTALLY didn't think I was going to make it, but I crossed the finish line still jogging!  It was so fun to the the race with her and with Nick and some other good friends from work.  There were about 25 Allstaters there and it was the best turnout we've ever had!
Here are a few pictures:



We really did have a great time!

Also fun...  last night I went on a shopping adventure.  I REALLY needed some new work clothes.  I went to Fashion Bug and got some fun stuff.  Most exciting...  I got 2x shirts, (still in 20 pants) AND I got 2 pairs of size 9.5 shoes!  I was buying 11 this time last year!  I got a pair of MaryJane heals and MaryJane wedges.  Very fun!  I got a couple of body suites (or tummy-sucker-iners since I am all about technical terms) a couple pairs of dress slacks, 4 shirts, some business socks (flight of the concords!! LOL) and some shoes.  I had some coupons and got some good deals, so I have clothes and didn't break the bank!

I also got my new laptop!! I ordered a new Dell laptop for school.  It's a 14 inch screen and weighs under 5 pounds.  It's bigger than a netbook, but a small laptop.  I love it!!! 

Tonight is that thing I couldn't talk about yesterday and still can't mention, but I hope it will be a lot of fun and the the weather will hold out! 

Have a fun Saturday!!  I'm off to stretch!!

1 comment:

  1. Fun day! Loved seeing you! I'm gonna have to put our pic on my page, as well! =) You forgot to mention we walked this in 70 minutes. So, next time you do a 5k, you can see that you'll be getting faster! =)

    ReplyDelete