Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, April 25, 2011

Wonderful weekend!

Oh my goodness!  I had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!

Friday night Nick and I got to go on a date. We went to Red Lobster and it was delicious!  I just had a little salad, a little baked potato and shrimp scampi.  Mmmmmm!  We were going to go to a movie, but we were really tired so we went home and watched a movie instead.

Saturday I got my hair cut and colored.  It's SUPER dark right now, but I love it!  Here' a picture...

Saturday afternoon, we did our Hollenbaugh Easter gathering.  It was a blast!  Tricia and I filled 300 eggs for a Biggest Loser style easter egg hunt!  We split into teams of 3 and each team had to gather 100 eggs.  The hard part was that you could only gather what you could carry, so you had to bring your eggs back to home base.  We spread the eggs all over a huge area with a big hill, so it was quite a workout.  So fun!!  We had a "salad" dinner where everyone brought their favorite kind of salad to pitch in.  Yummy!!  Then we did a small kid easter egg hunt.  We also did skits!  Each team had 5 minutes to take a bag full of random items and make a 3 minute skit up.  Very cute!

Sunday we went to Nick's family's Easter.  Nick had to work Sunday, so we were only able to stay for a little while.  It was really nice to see everyone.  Here's a picture of Nick with his Mom. 


Sunday evening I went over to my Mom's for the Sutterfield/Aikins Easter and David's birthday celebration.  We had a nice dinner and an Easter egg hunt.  Then we did a fun white elephant game with our easter eggs!  It was a lot of fun and really nice to see everyone together.
Here is a picture of my Mom and I...

Tomorrow morning Nick and I are leaving for sunny Florida with John and Kathy.  I am so excited to have the time off work and to get to go somewhere warm and hopefully sunny.  I think it's rained everyday in April!  Everything is green, but I would love to see the sun!!  I am excited for John to get to play in a hockey tournament with his peers that also love hockey.  It will be a lot of fun to watch him!  I am also hoping to get to go to the BEACH and soak up some rays!!

I know I have said it before, but I am sincerely so thankful for my amazing family and for my wonderful in-laws.  My life is so full and so blessed.  I can't wait to spend some good quality time with John and Kathy.  It will be a great trip!

3 comments:

  1. It was a great weekend, spent with our wonderful families. Have a safe, fun trip and make sure to bring some sunshine back with you. Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun trip! Call us when you get back so that we can get together!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, you and Nick look great! Have a great time on your trip! Looking forward to Stamp Club next month! It seems like it has been forever!

    ReplyDelete