Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I did it again!

We did another 3 mile walk last night and it was AWESOME!  We talked for the whole walk and it made the time go so much faster.  Neither of us felt it at all.  (the first walk we listened to music)  We maintained  a 20 minute mile pace, so that was pretty good.  Not super fast, but we will build up speed.  Neither of us were winded or sore last night and I felt like I could have kept walking.  I am so ready for the walk Saturday!  I told Nick that our next step is to start jogging!  I would LOVE to be able to go for a jog.  I've literally had dreams about it!  I would like to be able to jog our 3 mile stretch by the end of the year. 

I also want to share some recent photos from yeserday of Nick and I.  I will be 5 months out on Sunday and I am down 80 pounds since surgery and 112 total!  I'm still avaraging 16 pounds a month.  I think I've mentioned before that my goal is to be at 200 lbs by the end of July.  I am still on track!  I think I'll actually scream when I get under 200 lbs! 

Here's Nick.   He looks so awesome and I can see so much change in him.  Physically, certainly, but in his confidence too.  I love it!! He's the best and I really do adore him.



And here's me.  This is one of my 2x shirts.  My pants are too big and it's not a great photo.  I will get more.


3 comments:

  1. Excited to see some photos. Thanks for posting. Good luck on Saturday! You're gonna love it! It's going to make you want to do more races - maybe the mini next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela~ You and Nick both look great! See you at Stamp Club soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete