Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Success!

I had a great weekend!  Friday night Nick and I went to dinner at Dave and Busters with Paul and Stephanie, my step brother and his wife.  We always have a lot of fun with them and Friday was great!  We had a nice dinner and then played games in the big adult arcade. 
Saturday was nice, too.  We celebrated Mother's Day with Kathy.  We went shopping and went to visit Kathy's sister, Glenda.  Then we went to a nice dinner and had a great time.  We always laugh so much when we get together with John and Kathy!
Sunday was nice.  Chris and I made dinner Mom, Dave, Grandma and Grandpa.  We had a nice afternoon catching up and I got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa afterwards. 
Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 6 month check up.  I have lost 60% of my excess body weight already.  They consider 70% a successful surgery, so they were pleased with my progress so far.  We agreed that my goal should be closer to 175 than the 160 I was planning.  We will see what my body does...  I am going to go where ever this journey leads.  :-)  My nurse also told me that I needed to be prepared for the weight loss to slow quite a bit over the next few months and that was totally normal and I should try not to get discouraged.  I am already very pleased with my results, though I will continue to push myself until I am happy with where I am.  I am getting close, really.  I would be very very happy to lose another 50 lbs over the next several months and will work hard to get there. 
Last night, Nick and I went for our normal 5k walk, but we had company.  My Mom and Kathy joined us!  It was their first attempt and they did it like champs!!  They both got thru it and didn't pass out.  We finished in about 1 hour 10 minutes, so we maintained good time for their first time out.  They may join us once a week for our walk.  That would be so awesome!  It's a great walk!  Nick and I are going to start jogging.  There is a simple training plan for marathons and stuff that we will follow.  Basically you walk 5 min, the jog a minute, over and over for a week.  The next week, you walk 4 minutes, jog 2 minutes, and so on...  I would love to be able to jog a 5k by the end of the year and then maybe part of the mini marathon next year!!
Today is back to work.  I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment