Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yummie smoothie!

So when I was at the doctor's Monday, they gave me a smoothie to have for breakfast.  I made it this morning and it is YUMMY and so filling!  It took me about 3 hours to finish 24 ounces. 

It is:
1 scoop vanilla Whey Protein Isolate - 30 g protein (found at Vitamin World in the Greenwood Mall)
1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
6 oz container Yoplait 99% fat free Strawberry Banana yougurt - 5 g protein
12 oz skim milk - 12 g protein
(you can also add 1/4 cup shredded carrots for a veggie serving)
total - 47 grams of protein!  That's over 1/2 the daily recommended dose!  :-)

I have been having trouble getting in enough protein, so I am very excited about this recipe.  It was very quick to make this morning.  It tastes good and it will definately keep me full for a while!  Plus 3 servings of fruit (and good fiber!)  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment