Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Work update

So my biggest news of the day today has to do with work.  I was asked yesterday to do a temporary assignment as a "Subject Matter Expert" for 3 leaders in my office.  Without getting in to too many details, I would basically be an assistant to three different managers.  I will shadow them and as a developmental opportunity for me.  My goal at Allstate is to be a manager and this is a great chance for me to learn a different side of the business.  I have mixed feelings about it becuase it will be a lot of work and probably a bit overwhelming and I am JUST getting ready to start school.  I am struggling to figure out how to keep balance in my life juggling these 2 big changes at the same time while maintaining my workout and weight loss goals, maintaining my social life, maintaining my family commitments, maintaining my marriage and maintaining my SANITY!  LOL! 

I will be curious to see how things go.  It is a great chance for development for me and I am anxious to work with the leaders I have been assigned.  They all have very different leadership styles and personalities and it will be a broad overview.  I will be starting in the next week or 2, so I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. So you agreed? My advice would have been to pray about it before accepting. But now my advice is pray for balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is similar - pray. You know what my life is like, and the only way that I manage it is with prayer. Every morning I pray that Heavenly Father will help me to know at each moment of the day what my priority should be at that moment. At times when I feel torn between two or more things the seemingly need my immediate attention, I find that a quick little prayer helps me figure out very quickly what is most important at that moment and peacefully let the other things go for a bit. I also find that when I pray for help, I am able to do more than I would be able to do on my own - and do it better! Okay - my sermon is over. :) I'm so excited for you and all of the wonderful things that are happening in your life right now. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! Don't let all of this overwhelm you, if you aren't always busy you'll become bored. I also agree that praying will get you through always! You have such a strong support system, you are a strong person, you are organized and I have no doubts, it will all come together and you'll do great with everything!

    Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are going to be busy! Had a great time at stamp club! Hope you have a great rest of the week!~~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete