Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not much to say...

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days.  I don't have a lot to say right now.  I am having a "down" time right now and I can't put my finger on why.  Nothing's really wrong.  I think it's mainly work, but I am just feeling down.  I hope it's just a hormonal thing that I will get past soon.  I am still having some pretty intense dreams.  I have had a doozy just about every night this week, so my sleep isn't very restful and I have a hard time shaking it.  I know going into the surgery, I was told that my body would go through some weird things.  I am just hoping this passes fast.  Maybe when the sun comes out and it gets nicer it will help. 

In the meantime, I am trying not to drive Nick insane and just keeping to myself.  I don't mean to be anti-social.  I am just trying to get thru this lull without effecting anyone else...  Hopefully I will be back soon...  I don't like this.  I just can't seem to drag myself out of this yet.

5 comments:

  1. I got to thinking mine might be partially because I think I skipped my B12 vitamin last week. Maybe that would help us a little. Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Louanna! You always lift my spirits. I am doing good with vitamins. I not sure what it is. hoping it's just a seasonal depression or even just a weird hormone week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My theory on "weird hormone" weeks, (or in my case, weird hormone hours) is that we should embrace them! Feeling like vegging in front of the computer? Do it! After work of course. :)
    Actually, I try to find a healthy balance - give into the "blah" enough that I give myself a bit of a break, but don't give into the "blah" so much that I neglect important things (or people) and feel guilty. Weird hormone it up, girl! And don't excuse yourself! It will end soon enough. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Trish! I think I will take your advise and embrace my "blah-ness" (on a temporary basis, of course) I think we should get designated "blah" days off work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there sweetheart, we only have bad days so we can appreciate the good ones all the more. You are such an awesome daughter and friend. Looking forward to October - Girls Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete