Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 - Thankful for...

Today I am grateful for Veterans.  There are a lot of very selfless men and women that have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms.  I am proud to call myself a military brat.  I have been able to travel the states and live in Europe while my step father served.  Randy served in Somolia as part of Operation Restore Hope and didn't talk much about his time there, but even in his position (not on the front line) he had several close calls.
My father in law served as a Marine in Vietnam.  My good friend Therron did two stents in Afganistan.  My Grandpa served in WWII. 
The time I spent on military bases was humbling and powerful.  So many strong men and women dedicated to protecting what we so often take for granted.  I will never forget the sacrifices made and encourage all to honor these brave soldiers today and everyday.  Be glad you don't have to walk in their shoes to reap the benefits of their sacrifice. 

1 comment:

  1. Very well written! Bless them and their sacrificing families, too!

    ReplyDelete