Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, November 7, 2011

November 5th, 6th and 7th - I'm Thankful for...

November 5th - I am thankful for my amazing family.  I am so blessed to be close to my family. I see my immediate family pretty often and I am also blessed to see most of my extended family on more than just the holidays.  Today was my niece, Makayla's, 5th birthday party.  I got to see my Dad and his lovely wife Claire, my Grandma and her wonderful husband Dan, my Brother Jake and his awesome wife Jenny, my beautiful neice and nephew, Makayla and Nathan, My Mom and her terrific husband David, my really neat younger brother, Chris, and then my sister-in-law's fun family too!  I am blessed with an awesome support group that extends to aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and so on.

November 6th - I am thankful for weekends!  I love weekends, especially weekends Nick gets to be home!  I normally have my weekends filled to the brim with stuff, but this weekend was a little more relaxed.  I was able to sleep in, do my homework, do some Christmas shopping, have dinner with my Grandparents, Mom and Dave, Nick and Chris.  Then we did some more shopping and vistited with my Dear in laws.  A good day!

November 7th - Today I am thankful for my doctors and my weight loss journey.  I had my one year check up today.  I am down 80% of my excess body weight and as far as the doctors are concerned, I am "done".  I am not there by my standards, but they consider 70-75% weight loss a "sucessful" surgery, so they are pleased with me.  :-)  They are a little concerned with my anemia as it's not getting any better, so they've referred me to a hemotologist and I may need to get an iron infusion.  I will meet with my new doctor on Nov 15th to see what I need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment