Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, November 21, 2011

November 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st - Thankful for...

Wow!  I have some catching up to do!  It's been a busy couple of days...

November 17th - I am thankful for my 1 year surgiversary!  One year ago today I was taking a major step to change my life.  I had Roux En Y bariatric surgery on November 17th, 2010.  To date, I've lost 168 lbs from my starting weight.  I am in a size 12/14 pant and an XL shirt down from a 28/30 pant and a 5 XL shirt.  I have completed multiple 5k run/walks and I feel wonderful!  It's the greatest thing, other than marrying Nick, I've ever done for myself.

November 18th - I am thankful for good friends that touch my life.  I have been blessed with many friends along the journey I've travelled. Some friends came and went quickly, but left a lasting impression on my heart.  Other friends are still a part of my life and I love any time I get to spend with them. I don't get to see many friends as often as I like, but there's amazing beauty in being close enough to someone that weeks, months, or years can pass between visits and you will always be able to pick up where you left off. 

November 19th - I am thankful for close family ties.  I got to visit with my darling in-laws for a bit today and I am thankful for the relationship that Nick has with his parents.  I am also thankful for the bond I have with John and Kathy.  I adore them and they are my family as much as my own family is.  I also got to visit with my Mom and Dave, my Grandparents, Jake and his family and Chris.  I love that Nick feels close to my family and I love that through all the ups and downs, we have remained close and in many ways, have grown to be closer than ever.  I am thankful that my Grandparents are still with us and we get to visit with them often.  I am so proud of my brothers and the lives they have created.  I am so happy for my Mom and the place she's in in her life.  I am thankful that she has David to share her journey with.

November 20th - Today I am thankful for sleeping in.  I slept in sinfully late today, but still managed to get a lot done!  I cleaned the house, did all my laundry and spent several hours doing homework.  Tonight, Nick and I were able to hang out and watch some TV together.  It was a nice day at home and I never even changed out of my jammies!

November 21st - Today I am thankful for my back up at work.  Nicole has been a great help and relieves a lot of pressure from me at work.  I will have her help this week and it's a huge weight off my back.  It's nice to have a good working relationship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment