Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 9th and 10th - Thankful for...

November 9th - I am thankful for my pets.  I have a very fun doggy named Peyton.  He's a German Shephard mix and we've had him about 7 years.  He's the best dog!  We adopted him from the Humane Society shortly after moving in to our house.  He's been a really good friend.  You can normally find him laying around somewhere close to Nick.  He just loves Nick and follows him everywhere he goes!  We just recently got a kitty named Sasha.  She's about 5 and has been a fun addition to the family.  We've only had her a couple of months and she is really warming up.  She sleeps on my feet every night and keeps me warm.  You can always count on Peyton coming to meet you at the door and it's always so nice to see him after a long day.  Pets are so neat.  They just love you no matter what else is going on in your world.  They are always happy to see you!

November 10th - I had a powerful dream last night.  I dreamed that Nick and I had to move to a homeless shelter.  We walked around our new home and noticed awful cots we would be sleeping on, dirty community bathrooms, and some pretty mean looking people we would be sharing close quarters with.  It was very scary.  I was very happy to wake up in my nice soft bed in my very nice house.  I spent a few minutes this morning reflecting on how blessed I am and I am so grateful to live so comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment