Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Friday, November 25, 2011

November 24th and 25th - Thankful for...

November 24th - Happy Thanksgiving!!  Today I am thankful for so many things...  I can't even begin to describe how blessed and rich my life is.  I have an amazing family of talented, supportive, thoughtful and loving people.  I have the best in-laws anyone could ask for.  They enrich my life and I love them as my own.  I have the greatest husband and best friend I could ever have asked for.  I have a good job, a comfortable home, 2 great fur babies, and nice vehicles.  I have wonderful and beautiful friends who lift me and build me.  I am a lucky girl through and through.  I am glad to have today to refect on these blessings.

November 25th - I am thankful for challenges and accomplishments!  Our good friends, Matt and Trina, Nick and I comleted a 4.5 mile marathon yesterday morning.  It's called the Drumstick Dash and it benefits the Wheeler Mission, a local food pantry.  It was great to see so many out for a great cause.  We finished the race in 1 hour and 15 minutes.  That was our goal!  We wanted to maintain 15 minute miles.  It was pretty cold, but we had a lot of fun!  Here are some photos.

Here are the 4 of us before the race.

 Here are Nick and I before the race.

And here are the 4 of us after the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment