Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29th - Thankful for...

Today I am grateful for my 5 senses.  I have terrible eyesight, but I am glad that I can fix it with contacts. I have seen and hope to see some really amazing and beautiful sights.  

Nick likes to tease that I could hear an ant fart.  I can hear pretty well. I love music and the sound of laughter and rain drops on the roof.

I am also glad that I can taste.  I love the taste of food and sometimes enjoy it too much! 

I love that I can smell.  This time of year is full of wonderful smells!  I love to smell pine trees and Christmas cookies and banana bread.

And I love that I can feel things.  I am wearing a soft sweater today.  I love the feel of my sheets on my comfy bed.  I love it when Nick holds my hand and I can feel him squeeze it.  I love a cool breeze on my face. 

I am glad for all the things I experience because of my senses.

2 comments: