Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bleh...

I am so glad it's Friday!  I am normally very happy when the week gets to this point, but I don't feel very well and I am SUPER happy to see this week end.  Nothing bad about the week, per se.  I have a chest cold and kind of feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest, so I am in a bad mood.  I didn't sleep very well, so I am tired.  I haven't been eating all that well this week.  I have no appitite, but I'm in a "stall" week, so I am just generally feeling "blah" today.
A few fun things are happening, though.  As we speak, DH and DFIL are working on redoing our master closet.  We are adding some shelves and some additional hanging space.  I am really excited about that.  We also go a quote today for some new flooring, so I am excited to get that done, too!  Our hall carpeting is pretty bad and our living room carpet is bad, too.  We are getting laminate wood thru the entryway, kitchen, hallway and dining room.  I can't wait to get rid of the yucky carpet.  White carpet doesn't do well in high traffic areas. 
This weekend we are going to keep working with DFIL on the closet.  Tomorrow night we are going to an ice hockey game.  That should be fun!  Sunday is Sutterfield family dinner with my Mom's side.  My mom normally does this at her house, but Jake and Jenny are hosting this week so everyone can come and see their house!  Good times!  I am also hoping to REST at some point in all of that, too!!  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Too fun! Thanks for taking care of DFIL while I am away scrapping! :-)

    ReplyDelete