Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day weekend!

I had a great Valentine's Day weekend!  Friday night, we went to Circle Centre Mall with the Matis'.  We played a fun game where we split up into boys and girls teams and had to find a $10 gift in a half hour that our spouse would actually like.  That's tough to do in the mall, so it was a fun challenge!  The boys got Trish and I cute scarves.  The girls, well...  we cheated!  LOL!  I went into a sports store and found a cute St Louis Cardinals garden gnome.  It was $25, but I had to get it.  So I went up to check out and told the guy what we were doing.  He suggested that we ring the item up in two transactions so one was under $10 and I could have a receipt to "prove" it was less than $10 if Nick questioned.  He also let me use his pricing gun to make an $8.99 sticker!  LOL!  The best part is that Nick totally bought it.  I ended up telling him later that night, but Trish and I laughed and laughed.  She did something similar for Jeremy's gift.  So sneaky! 
Saturday I spent the day watching Anne of Green Gables.  I've never seen all 3 of them, so I watched them all back to back!  My butt is still numb!  LOL!
Sunday I had breakfast with my Dad and Claire. Then I met my friend Louanna at the mall. Here are our before and after photos...  She is looking AWESOME!  We had fun catching up.



 I think everyone in Greenwood was out enjoying the weather. It was packed!  We went back to my house and tried on clothes.  We were both able to walk away with jeans we could wear!  Then I went to my Mom's for dinner.  I got to visit, help Chris with his taxes, and dye Ashley's hair. 
Yesterday Nick and I went to the doctors for our 3 month follow ups.  All is well.  They were very glad that I've been eating better (as am I!!) and we don't have to go back for 3 more months.  I've officially lost 69 lbs since Nov 4th.
Then I went and got my nails done.  I don't ever wear nails, but my hands look so ugly this winter I wanted to do something fun.  I went to get some blood work done and then went to the dentist.  Jeremy did a thorough cleaning and I only spit on him a few times.  LOL!  We went to Olive Garden for dinner and it was delicious!  The lasagna was great and went down just fine.  I had a 1/2 a breadstick (Mmmmm) and a little salad, too!  When we got home, I discovered that Nick got me some beautiful red roses and a very nice card.  I also got a beautiful ring and a necklace, too.  I am SO SPOILED! 
It was a fun, busy, productive, and wonderful weekend. 
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. What great photos! You both look wonderful. Sounds like a super fun weekend, and yes, you are spoiled! LOL! Glad the dr went well, and SO glad you are eating. We need to get your Valentine present over to you soon.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, don't we look cute?! That was so fun - the mall and then our mini fashion show at your house! I'm rocking those jeans! We'll have to get a head to toe shot next time to compare! Let's plan our next outing very soon! Muah!

    ReplyDelete