Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm lovin' it!

It has been a lot of fun to get to try some foods again the last week or 2.  Last night I was able to eat some of Trina's DELICIOUS chicken and noodles.  I ate a full 4 ounces and it went down fine.  I have been able to eat a full banana and I love pickles!  It's so nice to be able to have some of my favorite "tastes" again!  I still approach everything with caution, but thankfully very few things haven't worked out.  It really blows my mind to think that just a few bites of something is enough to satisfy my craving for it.  I've allowed myself to have a spoonful of ice cream a couple of times and, really, that's all I've needed.  Nick and I's favorite thing to do is to sit at a resteraunt we used to frequent and think about the meal would've had vs. the meals we are eating now.  Out food bills have decreased substantially, but we are still eating "fun" stuff!  It's a whole different attitude and perspective.  When we started this process, one of the nutritionists at the weight loss center told us that you get the most enjoyment out of the first bite or two of something and after that, you are just finishing it.  There must be some truth to that.  My taste buds are so sensitive now, so each bite I take is a wonderful explosion of flavor!  And I do find that with just a couple of bites of something, I am good.  I am sure my small pouch has a lot to do with that, but I wonder how that trick would work for a normal belly. 
Ah, well....  things are good and I am thrilled.  Lovin' it!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news! I'm so glad to hear this - you certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! It's been an uphill battle and I'm glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete