Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to the grind...

Well, the good news is my cold didn't kill me.  It did beat me up some!  I think *fingers crossed* that I am on the up-swing.  I did everything I planned to do this weekend, just maybe not with my normal level of enthusiasm...

I had a nice lunch with my Dad and Claire yesterday.  I am having a lot of fun getting to know them better and I really enjoy our talks.  I also had a nice dinner at Jake and Jenny's with my Mom's side.  Makayla and Nathan are so cute and they are getting so big!  Makayla wanted Nick to stay with her forever and ever!  She loves her Uncle Nick! 

John and Nick got our closet finished and it's PERFECT!!  I will post pictures soon!  I love it and I feel like we have so much more space!  They had fun working together and it turned out really well!

We had a nice thunderstorm last night with lots of lightning and, oddly enough, it made me even more excited for spring!  The sun is shining today and that's very exciting.  We had a gray weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment