Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11th - part two... I'm thankful for...

Our veterans.  I would feel very ungrateful if I didn't mention our vetrans and US Armed Forces today.  I am so grateful to be a part of this country.  I am a "military brat" and had the amazing blessing of getting to travel the world thanks to the army.  I've lived all over the states and in Germany.  Being privy to some of what the military does for us causes me to feel a great deal of humility.  Our soldiers are men of honor and deserve the respect of every member of our "free country".  We ALL owe a debt of gratitude to these men and women that freely protect us, knowing that they risk their own lives to protect us.  I wish I could hug every soldier I see.  I would love to thank them all personally for their devotion and courage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, while looking at your Blog I noticed your count down clock said 5 days. Oh my, it is coming so fast!

    ReplyDelete