Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9th - I'm thankful for...

My husband.  Let me start by saying that these posts have been in no peticular order.  I can say that of all the things I am thankful for, my husband is at the top of the list.
When I was a kid, about 9 years old, I have a very vivid memory.  I was living in Germany at the time and I remember a clear night.  It was a beautiful evening and I was outside.  Across the street from our house was a playground and a big field. I loved to play there.  Well, this peticular night I was looking up at the sky.  It was just getting dark and I saw the first star.  So I said, "Star light, stat bright.  First star I see tonight.  I wish I may I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight."  Then I proceeded to make the most earnest, the most genuine, and the most hopeful wish I have ever wished.  I wished that someday I would meet a boy that would love me the way I loved him and who would be ready to open his heart to me.  I wished that we would meet and the timing would be just right for both of us.  I had no specifics about anything other than wanting him to have beautiful eyes.  I am so thankful to say that I got my wish.  Nick couldn't be more perfect for me if I'd had a lifetime to design him myself.  He is my best friend.  I am so glad to be going on the adventure of life with him.  And he does have beautiful eyes.  I have no doubt that we were destined to be together.  We were made for each other.  I often ask myself what I might have done to deserve him.
He supports me in all that I do.  He encourages me to be myself and be happy, whatever that means.  He helps me delevop myself and makes me better and more whole.  He encourages me to have friends that make my life better.  He is always there to listen when I'm having a rough moment.  He holds my hand in public.  He loves my family and is thankful for them.  He has given me the amazing blessing of being a part of his family.  He is the perfect blend of strong and manly and soft and emotional.  His smile melts my heart.  Catching his eye from across the room still gives me goosebumps.  His kiss can still turn my knees to jelly.  We sometimes joke that we share a brain.  I don't think it gets any better than Nick.
I love you, babe.

3 comments:

  1. Now that was sweet! Of course now he will have a big head and be impossible to live with! :-) Really he is a special guy, and I'm proud to say I'm his momma! Although I can't take credit for all that he is. We are thankful that he found YOU! You make him happy, and that is all a parent can ask for their child...that they be happy. Have fun on this next leg of your journeys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry... we all love Nick and I could not have asked for a better husband for my wonderful daughter. You too were meant for each other and I am glad your wish came true! Love YOU and NICK~

    ReplyDelete