Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8th - I'm thankful for...

My car.  I had a humbling moment yesterday.  You know, one of those moments where your heart could literally explode because of all you have to be thankful for.  I was sitting at a stop light on a busy road and I saw an older man walking down the side of the road.  It looked like he was on his way to work.  I watched him try to stay out of the way of the cars zooming past him and thought about how richly blessed I am. Specifically and for the purposes of the post, I will say that I am thankful for my car.  I like to walk... on a treadmill.  Not in heavy traffic to get to work. 
I will be doing a seperate post for these, but I don't think you can tell people you love them too much.  I am grateful beyond words for my husband, my family, his family and our friends.  I am grateful to live in this country and to have the freedoms our amazing military defend.  I am grateful to have a nice house, a good job, plenty of food, and lots of other thinks that make life easier.  I am grateful to be loved.  There are no words to say how blessed I feel.
I hope you have a terrific day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have a car too, because you can come and see me... Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete