Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17th - I'm thankful for...

my amazing support group!  I have probably done this one before, but I need to do it again today.  I was absolutely overwhelmed yesterday with texts, calls, facebook messages and emails from so many people wishing me luck.  You all truely give me strength and I feel so loved.  I've thought of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" a lot the past 48 hours.  It's amazing to me just how many people had something to wonderful and beautiful to say to me and it makes me feel very blessed to be part of your lives.

This morning I am just making some last minute preperations and trying to stay in my happy place.  I am more nervous than I would like to be, but I also know that all the prayers being offered up for me are helping my nerves a lot.  Nick, DMIL, DFIL and my Mom will be there when I wake up today.  I am very glad they will be there with Nick while he's waiting for me. 

Wish me luck!  About 4 and a half more hours and I'll be ready!!  Love to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. You will do great Ang! We will keep Nick from chewing his nails off...and help pass the time until he can see for himself that you are okay. We'll be there soon...you are at Day One of the rest of your life! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there girlie girl... wow an exciting day. You are going to be just fine. I will see you when you wake up! Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete