Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4th - I'm thankful for...

My health.  I am working on improving it now, but generally speaking I am blessed with good health.  I have all 5 senses, I have all my extremities, all of my organs work.  I am really grateful for the health I have. 

On another note, I met a new friend last night.  She and I met on an online support group, renewedreflections.com and hit it off right away.  We met for a "healthy" night last night and ended up walking 10,000 steps around the Metropolis Mall!  She is wonderfully sweet and I swear we are the same person.  I felt instatly comfortable with her and instatly knew we were starting what has the potential to be a wonderful friendship.  We laughed and joked with ease.

Here is a photo of us as we start our journey together.

Today was our all-day nutrition class and we learned about about what to expect the day of surgery, the weeks after and the months after.  It was very informative and it made it all feel very real!  We signed all of our hospial consents and everything.  I also had my official weigh in and I am pleased to say that I am "officially" 22 pounds down from July 26th!  I am pretty proud of myself!   I also started my "Pre-op" diet yesterday.  It consists of 2 protein shakes (one for breakfast, one for lunch) then 4-6 oz. of meat and a non-starchy veggie for dinner.  It's actually going ok so far.  I don't feel too bad.  I am thinking I may drop a few more pounds pretty fast!  YAY!!  

2 comments:

  1. Awww, sweetie! No one has every blogged about me before! You're so adorable! Congrats on your 22 lbs!!! My official weigh in was today and I've gained 3 lbs since May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are taking this journey first, I am so proud of your weight loss, way to go! Glad you have another new supporrtive friend, we need all the support we can get right now. Love YOU~

    ReplyDelete