Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd - I am thankful for...

Modern conveniences!  I am so grateful to live in this age of technology.  I don't embrace it the way SOME people I know do.  (no names, ahem).  I do love the little things I take for granted.  I have an alarm clock to wake me up, a hot shower, a hair dryer, washing machine and dryer, a microwave, a phone that allows me to carry it around with me in my pocket and play online, a computer that holds all kinds of information and allows me to keep in touch.  I have a air conditioner/heater that keeps me warm or cool as needed.  I have a car to take me any where I want to go.  I have electricitiy and toilets.  I have a camera that I can take pictures with.  It just blows my mind how much we have today to make all that we do so much easier.  I can't imagine living without the conveniences we have today.  I would NOT have made a very good pioneer woman! 

What are YOU thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment