Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2nd EGD

I am home from my second EGD today.  It went fine.  I really like the doctor I'm working with.  Great bedside manners.  He was able to dialate my esophogus a bit more today.  Unfortunately, I still have to go back in 2 more weeks.  I am back on a "puree'd" diet.  Booo!  At least I can have some tuna and chicken salad to start getting some protein.  I have to go in again on the 28th and he hopes that will take care of it.  I was concerned about the chances of the stricture just coming back over and over and the doctor said that is very rare and when he gets it as open as he wants it, it should stay there.  Fingers crossed.  I am a little bummed that I won't be able to eat solid food for another 2 weeks, but I am glad I can do my fluid and protein better.  They must have given me a lot more drugs today.  I woke up during the last procedure and thought I counldn't breathe, so they must have really wanted me to stay asleep during this one.  It took me forever to wake up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment