Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to school...

I have been toying with the idea of going back to school for a long time.  I would really like to get my bachelor's.  I talked with Indiana Wesleyan about their adult programs today and I think I am going to give it a shot.  I am very intimidated by it and a bit overwhelmed by the time commitment involved, but I think it's time for me to do it.  Allstate has awesome tuition reimbursement and it seems silly not to take advantage of it.  1 night a week for 4 hours for 4-6 weeks is a full class.  It would take about 4 years to get through the whole program.  It's a lot to think about...
Today has been a little rough.  I've been SUPER busy at work.  I wasn't able to eat my fish last night at all.  I ate about 2 bites and I couldn't deal with the taste.  Darn it.  This morning, my milk and vitamins didn't sit well and I haven't felt great all day.  My water won't even go down well.  I called Dr Lemmel to see if I could get in sooner for my next EGD and they don't have any openings until the 28th.  It's still so far away. 
I am trying to hang in there.  I just thought I was past the point where water hurt.  :-(

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having such issues. :-( I'm sending good thoughts your way. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any questions about going back to school, I'm an academic advisor. If you have any questions about being in school, I'm in my final semester of grad school! I'm here for you! Sorry you aren't feeling well. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sweetheart, this too shall pass. I am so excited you are wanting to go back to school. I think you will "thrive" and it will be the best thing you can do with your time. I am so proud of you~

    ReplyDelete