Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Saturday, January 8, 2011

stricture...

So I went in yesterday morning to have an EGD done.  The doctor said my stricture was so tight that he couldn't get the scope through it.  He opened it up enough for me to be able to drink, but I will have to have 1 or 2 more procedures done to be able to get food down.  I am back to liquids.  I also got some fluids, so I feel a bit better.  I am glad to know that there was something actually going on and I wasn't just going crazy, but I am a bit discouraged to feel like I am starting at phase one again.  It's a trip what this does to you pshycologically.  I had stopped almost all of my cravings and head hunger thinking that I could eat a lot of different things.  Knowing that I am back at liquid, all of those cravings came roaring back today.  I know it will be better to do this and get it taken care of in the long run. 
I am down another couple of pounds and am quickly approaching the 75 lb mark!  That's fun!  I go back Wednesday for the next EGD and I am hoping they can open me up enough for some food this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment