Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Monday, January 17, 2011

Experimenting...

I am so excited!  I went to the grocery store last night and got some new things to try.  I got some marinades to try with my tilapia.  I am not a big fan of fish, but the protein is awesome!  4 ounces = 23 g of protein!  So I got some lemon juice and marinades to try and make it go down better.  I also got some frozen shrimp.  It's great protein, too.  I normally like scampi with lots of lemon and butter, so I am going to try spray "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and lemon with that.  It's 16 g of protein for 3.5 ounces (about 10 pieces).  I also got some BBQ pulled chicken.  I am super excited to try that!  It's good protein.  I was worried about the sugar content, but it's only 8 g of sugar for 4 ounces.  Not bad.  I am excited to try some new tastes and add some protein thru food.  I had some turkey meatloaf at my mom's last night and it was amazing!!  I had a little mashed potatoes with it and it was like a feast!  I am feeling so much better now that I can eat and drink better.  What a relief! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new foods! I had homemade beef stew two nights ago - too good! I made a marinade and grilled some wild salmon. Mmm! You might want to buy some dill - sure makes fish taste so great! I get my dill near the salads in a tube that you can keep in the fridge a lot longer than you can keep fresh dill. I'm SO glad you're feeling better and back to eating!

    ReplyDelete