Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Saturday, January 22, 2011

SO glad it's FRIDAY!

Ok, so I am technically posting this on Saturday, but I meant for it to be yesterday's post.  I am SOOOOOOOOO glad it's FRIDAY!!  This has been SUCH a long week!  I haven't felt great and work has been kicking my butt!  I don't know it I just have much less energy than usual or if it really has been a psycho week.  Maybe both.  I'm just glad it's over!  I only have to work two days next week.  I'm off after Tuesday.  We are going to see Linkin Park in Chicago on Wednesday and then staying the night.  Friday is my EGD and I am REALLY hoping to get some relief from this one.  I am pretty tired of this.
On a more positive side, there were some great things going on this week, too!  My brother Jake closed on his house!  They are moving to Avon and I am so excited to have them closer!  They have worked really hard to get a house and I am so happy for them.  Also, my younger brother Chris got his GED!!!  It's been a few years since he decided not to finish high school and he's been through a lot.  This is such an awesome thing for him to do for himself and I am so proud of him!
Today my cousin Becca is getting baptized and I am sure she is really excited about it.  She is such a cool little girl and I adore her.  I am looking forward to seeing some of the fam today.
Sorry for a dreary start to the post.  I am hoping I can look back on this in a few months with little memory of how hard it was.  LOL!  I do want to have a record of it just to see how far I've come.  :-) 
On another note, it's freaking cold outside, so stay warm and be safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment