Trying each day to remember to stop and smell the roses... The fun is in the "getting there"...

I, like many others I'm sure, get too caught up, too lost in the hustle and bustle. Do you ever stop to watch a sunset? Stop to feel a nice cool breeze? Stop to feel the grass under your feet? I want to slow it all down and breathe it all in.

Keeping me on track:

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

6 week follow up...

Yesterday was my 6 week follow up with Dr. Clark.  I am officically down 41 pounds from their recorded start weight!  Dr Clark was happy with my incisions, but is concerned that I am having such a hard time keeping food down.  I'm concerned, too!  He said to watch it for another week and I may need to do a swallow study to see what's happening.  Fingers crossed that it will work itself out.
Other than that, work is well.  It's been fun to see everyone and catch up.  It feels like I didn't really miss a beat!  I have been getting lots of, "Wow, you look great"s and, "Your face looks so different"!  It's fun!  :-) 
Not much new right now.  I had some potato soup from Applebees for lunch today and it settled well.  I have done ok with water today, too, so it's good!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. I hope the food decides to stay down! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you settle in and can keep the food down more. It must be so frustrating. Funny you should mention photos, cause I have been looking through some old ones and comparing then to now! Wow! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news babe! You are such an inspiration to me. I need you to keep me on the right path with my food choices. It was great eating chicken with you at KFC, I have missed our date nights and it was fun hanging out with you last night. Now I need to organize all of these clothes!

    ReplyDelete